What is it about Diabetes and Sugar Cravings?
My whole life I’ve been a savoury person but since I’ve been told I cant have sugary stuff – its all I’ve wanted. So as I’m now back on the wagon I’ve been trying to come up with something that will manage my cravings but not send me over the edge. And I think I’ve come up with it….
My Sugar Free Tutti Fruity Jelly Surprise (Jello for our US chums)
I made this at the weekend and still cant believe how good it tastes – so much so that I had to have a couple of samples to check im not making it up. After having it for lunch today I can confirm its frickin FLABULOUS and its soooo easy to make.
- 1 sachet of Orange (or mandarin) Jelly
- 1 sachet of Raspberry Jelly
- 1 tin of mandarins in juice (NOT SYRUP)
- punnet of Raspberries
- punnet of redcurrants
- Make up your Jelly as per pack instructions – don’t worry about making them up separately its the mix of tastes you want!!
- use ice instead of water for the second part as it cools it down quicker.
- Add in the mandarins (i discard the juice as its extra sugar – OK so I drank the juice but as part of a different meal)
- I lied about that last bit – i drank it straight from the can (but I’m an animal)
- Put this in the fridge and stir a couple of times so the fruit doesn’t settle too much
- about 10 mins later (or when things are thickened but not set) add in the redcurrants and raspberries.
- Stir again and leave in the fridge
- when set – DEVOUR!!
ill post a pic as soon as I get home – but I warn you – it will be part demolished!!!