I love fish pie
There Ive said it. When it goes cold and dark in the evenings I love nothing more than tucking into a warming creamy bowl of fish pie with steamed green beans and carrots.
Whats better – this dinner can be ready in 40 minutes if you are organised. These are also great to make in advance and freeze before cooking. You can even make individual ones and serve straight from the dishes.
- Enough Perfect mash to cover your fish mix
- 1 fillet Smoked haddock
- 1 fillet Cod or other white fish
- 2 small salmon fillets
- Frozen king prawns
- Frozen petit pois
- 600ml Parsley sauce (either use a couple of packets or make your own)
- Salt and pepper
- Make your perfect mash (or buy a couple of packs of ready made to cut down on time and effort)
- Whilst you are waiting for your mash make up your parsley sauce then leave to rest whilst you prepare the other ingredients
- Cube your fish and arrange in a pie dish
- Dot frozen king prawns evenly through your dish
- Spread some petit pois over the mix
- Pour your parsley sauce over the fish mix, allowing to cool slightly
- Spread your perfect mash over the top and using a fork make swirls over the top
- Bake in an oven for 30 mins as high as you can get it till it browns
- Once cooked take out and allow to cool slightly (15 mins if you can wait) before serving with broccoli and carrots.
Note Using frozen prawns and petit pois ensures they are tender when you eat this. You can even use frozen fish but then add a little time to the cooking!!