So it’s Monday, you are still recovering from the weekend and you’ve just been at work all day. You’ve fought through your commute and you want something comforting but really can’t be arsed!!
You are just about to reach for the phone when you remember It’s your week of NO takeout!! So instead you reach for your huge frying pan and stick it on the heat.
- Meatballs- your looking for fresh mince ones
- An onion (or a handful of frozen diced onion)
- Glug of garlic paste
- 1/2 jar passatta
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Handful each of frozen mushrooms and mixed peppers
- Herbs – I use dried, 1 tsp each of basil, chives and parsley
- (Some chilli flakes if you fancy a kick!!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Your pan is nice & hot so add in some olive oil and your meatballs, frying until browned
- Meanwhile chop your onion and get everything else ready to throw in.
- Next take the meatballs out of the pan and set aside (I put them in my eating bowl as it saves on washing up)
- Add the onions & garlic to the pan and soften for 5 mins
- Meanwhile put a pot of water on for your pasta and bring to the boil
- Next add the passatta and chopped tomatoes to the onions and bring to a bubble
- Add in the herbs frozen veg and meatballs to the sauce and simmer till pasta is cooked.
- Your water should now be boiling- add in your pasta and cook for 10 mins or till al dente
- Strain and add in the meatball mix and combine
- Serve with some grated cheese on top!!!
And the good bit…
Cost – about £4 for 2 with enough left for lunch!!
Time to prepare – 30 mins fridge to plate
Tomorrow- Thai Green Curry!!