Tuesdays are our favourite tv night so we want something satisfying but healthy to see us though the night. It’s also one of our busiest days at work so I’m usually tired but this isn’t so much a recipe as a throw together takeaway menu with all the taste and none of the huge cost!!
- Thai green curry sauce (not the paste, a ready made sauce- M&S does a great low fat one!!)
- Raw Chicken strips
- Rice (I use microwave)
- Mange tout
- Young Spinach leaves
- Frozen baby sweetcorn
- Pitta bread
I love the ease of this…
- Bring your shop bought sauce to a simmer and add in the raw chicken strips
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Add in a glug of milk to loosen and the frozen baby sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Next add in the mange tout and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Pop your rice in the microwave and the pitta in the toaster
- Serve the whole lot in a bowl, bed of rice, green curry and pitta on the side
You could easily do this with raw king prawns which would reduce cooking time even more!!!
And the good bit…
Cost – about £7 for 2
Time to prepare – 20 mins fridge to plate