Ever got home from work and couldnt be bothered to cook?
Does Hungryhouse mention you in its tweets?
Does Alexa recognise your JustEat orders before you even ask?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions then I may just have a recipe that will save you at least a tenner!!!
I got home tonight and Hubby had been invited out for dinner and just as I was about to give Alexa a shout out I thought NO, DON’T DO IT!
It took me a total of 6 minutes to rummage through my cupboards and freezer, cook this and get it in my bowl – I cant even order takeaway in that time.
What I came up with was…
- Lidl 19p chicken noodles
- Some Quorn chunks (you could replace with leftover chicken)
- frozen petit pois
- Frozen green beans (you could replace this with mange tout or sugar snaps)
- 2 tsp Veg Bouillon (liquid chicken stock could replace this if you’d rather)
- a handful of mange tout
- a couple of frozen Spinach blocks
What I did was…
- Bring 350ml of water to a boil and add in the sachet from the noodles together with the boullion
- break up the noodles into 4 blocks and add to the boiling water. strirring till they loosen
- Throw in quorn chunks, peas and beans and allow to cook through and reduce slightly.
- add in the frozen spinach and mange tout, allowing the spinach to dissolve, mixing as you go
- season and serve in a bowl
This is more of a guide than a recipe but it was delicious. This time this ended up as a meat free version, mainly as thats what I had in. You could turn this into anything you want, add chilli to give it a kick, add in any veg you want (I wanted green noodles) or change it up by adding king prawns fish-sauce and coriander to the noodles and come up with something completely different.
Just walk away from the takeout app – you’ll thank me when you are £70 up at the end of the month!!