Jamie Oliver saved me from crap Yorkies several years ago. Before I was under the misapprehension that Yorkie mix was the same as pancake mix but I was soooo wrong. This always left me with flat doughy, puddings that were frankly an embarrasment. Jamie’s recipe is so simple and honestly works for me every time.
- 2 Eggs
- same volume of Flour
- Same volume of Semi Skimmed Milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Oil for greasing
- If you are making to use right away then oil your muffin tins and put them into a HOT HOT oven to get them smoking hot. (If not do this when your ready)
- Crack both eggs into a glass or jar and note how high it gets up the glass. (I use my thumb as a guide) once measured pour these into a bowl or large jug
- Next simply use the glass to measure the same quantity of flour and milk adding these into the jug
- Whisk everything together, adding a pinch of seasoning till fully combined and frothy – this can now be stored in the fridge till you need it
- When ready Pour the mix into your prepared hot oil tins and bake hot and fast for 30 mins and DON’T OPEN THE OVEN FOR AT LEAST 20 Mins.
The beauty of this is that you can make more simply by increasing the amount of all the main ingredients