The Dazzler requested a Pressure King Pro for his birthday as he likes stews and loves the idea of cooking them quickly. The Power of TV Informercials in the middle of the night obviously works!! When reading through the recipe book I was presently surprised (but not a little bit sceptical) that you could make rice pudding in this badboy as its also one of the Dazzlers favourites.
We have used the pro to make stews, chillis, a whole chicken (I still couldnt quite believe it would work, but it did) and even a pot roast beef joint all successfully but until now Ive been dubious of trying rice pudding. Until that is the Dazzler had a tooth out this week and really, really wanted something soft – and begged me to make him this.
Following the manufacturers instructions exactly didnt quite work, everything was too liquid, but with a little adjustment, running the rice function through again for a couple of minutes, it ended up nice and creamy.
- 25g butter
- 100g pudding rice
- 50g caster sugar
- 700ml whole milk
- Press the STEW FUNCTION and melt the butter with lid off
- Add the rice and sugar, stir through the milk and bring to a simmer
- Press CANCEL
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to closed. Press RICE FUNCTION
- when the time has ended let out the steam then remove the lid
- Add nutmeg (grated) and stir well especially to loosen any rice on the bottom
- Pop the lid back on but leave the steam valve open
- Press the RICE FUNCTION and adjust the time to 2 minutes
- stir again and serve – its creamy and delicious all in less than 20 minutes!!