This recipe is at the same time the most satisfying and the most simple entertaining nibble I have in my arsenal.
If you ever have friends pop in unannounced and need something delicious and yet easy to prepare then you need this dish, which I served last week alongside a cheeseboard, some dips and sliced continental meats,
Even better is that most of the ingredients can be kept in the storecupboard and fridge and keep for ages so you can always be prepared.
- glug of olive oil
- 1 chorizo ring
- 1 tin of butterbeans
- glug of port
- dried parsley
- a bed of rocket and some baby plum tomatoes to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan
- Slice the chorizo ring into medium rings
- Fry the chorizo in the pan till one side browns
- Flip and add in the beans – coating with the oil from the pan
- Add in a glug of port and mix – then toss in a spoonfull of dried parsley and allow to reduce in the pan
- When sauce has a rich consistency turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly
- in a large bowl add in the rocket and whole tomatoes and toss
- pour over the chorizo and butterbeans and serve.
if you get left with loads of beans and rocket -which sometimes happens – blitz it all up with some good olive oil and serve as a dip.