So its the day before the night before surgery and I really needed to get my arse in gear and get ready for this op.
First off breakfast
I spent the day at work so usual plan for breakfast, bacon tomatoes and mushrooms with a coffee followed by a piece of fruit at 11am – and not another drink until lunch time!!
But what about Lunch?
Lunch was leftover chicken with some salad items and I didnt get a picture. I had this at 14.00 so later than I should have but i was in full handover mode at work so didn’t really concentrate. I had some still water with lunch but didn’t drink enough.
Work got increasingly busy and i didn’t have another piece of fruit until I got home much later at which time my blood sugars were so low I had to do something but more about that later.
A little bit of shopping
we went shopping after work to get the stuff I’m going to live off when I get back from hospital. This involved running round Sainsburys with a list and not enough energy. I ended up with the following.
Ingredients to make…
- Fish pie
- Corned beef mash and beans
- Chicken in gravy
- Cauliflower cheese
In addition I got…
- some salmon and veggies for tea.
- Smooth peanut butter and smooth cashew butter (ill try anything)
- Sugar free Jellies
- Sugar free custard powder
- some soups
- Cream cheese and smoked salmon (to blitz with lemon juice into a puree when i get back)
- Flavoured water
A very late supper – 21.30
I got home, crammed a banana in my mouth, made supper (salmon with veggies) then spent the evening making and pureeing the food – filling my freezer with enough to keep me going.
And What did I learn
- I can be more organised than I believe I am.
- puree doesn’t taste that bad – with a little care.
- Make sure I stagger food and for god sake stay hydrated